Gracie Cooks Spagetti Bolognese.
This is one of our family favourites. A really easy go to recipe. Perfect for cooking in bulk and freezing, making mid-week dinners so much easier!
You will need:
Two Large Onions, diced
Once large carrot, diced
200 grams of Mushrooms, diced
1kg lean mince beef (we prefer to use less than 5% fat)
2 OXO cubes
1 tbs oregano
2 cloves of garlic
Pinch of black pepper
Worcestershire sauce, to taste
1 tin of chopped tomatoes
1 carton of passata
1 tbs of tomato puree
75g spaghetti per person.
Grated cheese, to taste.
- To start fry off your diced onion, carrots and garlic.
- Once browned add your mince beef and brown off.
- Add your mushrooms, oregano, pepper, Oxo cubes and give it a good mix.
- Add a good dash of Worcestershire sauce.
- Add your chopped tomatoes and passata and leave to simmer for 10/15 minutes.
- Boil a pan of water and allow 75 grams of spaghetti person.
- Boil pasta until it is soft, approximately 10/12 minutes.
- Top your pasta with a good serving of Bolognese and sprinkle with cheese.
Using 1kg of mince will give you 8/10 portions, depending on your portion size. Most supermarkets sell foil trays (like at the Chinese Takeaway) which are perfect for home freezing.
If you freeze, allow to defrost in the fridge 24 hours before reheating on the hob and serving with fresh pasta.